Ex-Hospital Director Transferred To Avoid Interference With Further Probe: Dzulkefly

Health Minister Dr Dzul says a former hospital director in Kota Kinabalu was transferred to JKNS to avoid potential interference with a further probe into sexual harassment claims and that the transfer of the medical officer wasn’t a demotion of his grade.

KUALA LUMPUR, August 17 — Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad has defended the transfer of a former hospital director, citing further investigations into sexual harassment allegations against the accused man.

Malay Mail reported Dzulkefly as telling reporters today in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, that the administrative transfer of the former hospital director to the Sabah state health department (JKNS) was intended to ensure the investigation could proceed, without the officer remaining in a position that could potentially affect the process.

“We have made that decision consciously. We have conducted our internal investigation and there will be a full investigation thereafter,” Dzulkefly was quoted as saying after chairing the first 2026 Joint Action Committee Meeting on Sabah Health Development.

The health minister reportedly said the former hospital director’s transfer to JKNS as a medical officer wasn’t a demotion of his service grade.

“We are only removing him from his role as hospital director so that he does not interfere with the investigation that will be conducted.”

Dzulkefly previously said JKNS has submitted an official report to the Public Service Department (JPA) for further action. 

Joan Goh, who represents the former director of a Ministry of Health (MOH) hospital in Kota Kinabalu, said in a statement yesterday that her client was considering legal action by filing a judicial review application against his transfer.

The lawyer claimed that her client was removed as hospital director before the conclusion of any disciplinary process, besides alleging that he wasn’t given the right to be heard. Nor was he informed about the findings of an internal MOH investigation into the sexual harassment claims against him.

You may also like