KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 16 — The Movement Control Order (MCO) will be maintained in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor, and Penang for another two weeks, while other states, except for Perlis, will be under the Conditional MCO (CMCO), Ismail Sabri Yaakob said today.
According to the senior defence minister, Perlis will be under the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO). States and federal territories under CMCO include Putrajaya, Labuan, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Kelantan, Perak, Sabah, Sarawak, and Terengganu.
These various movement restrictions will be implemented for two weeks from February 19 till March 4.
Although the MCO has been lifted from several states and federal territories, interstate and interdistrict travel will still be banned in these areas. However, the 10km travel restriction has been lifted nationwide, including areas under MCO.
“The ban on movement within a 10km radius is revoked even within the MCO areas,” Ismail Sabri said.
Prohibiting interstate or interdistrict travel, despite lifting limits on traveling 10km from one’s home, means that people cannot move freely around the Klang Valley that comprises Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, and Putrajaya.
Meanwhile, in areas under CMCO, weddings, face-to-face meetings, and celebrations etc are allowed, but according to the standard operating procedure (SOP). Spas and reflexology centres are also allowed to operate in CMCO areas.
Restaurant dine-ins in CMCO areas will be allowed according to the spacing and capacity of the table.
Besides that, Ismail Sabri said that in CMCO areas, there will no longer be a limit of two people in a car, unlike in MCO areas.
The senior defence minister said that the SOP for CMCO will be the same as the previous SOPs implemented during CMCO last year.