KUALA LUMPUR, May 27 — The Ministry of Health (MOH) today issued a call for health volunteers to help with the Covid-19 crisis, but will not give any allowance whatsoever for their work.
MOH’s volunteer recruitment poster lists these posts: medical officers, dental officers, assistant medical officers, nurses, environmental health officers, assistant environmental health officers, and medical laboratory technicians.
“For your information, MOH will not provide transport, accommodation, food, or any allowance or salary for volunteers. All costs incurred throughout the volunteer’s service is borne by the volunteer,” said MOH.
Conditions for joining MOH’s volunteer service are:
- Aged between 18 and 60 years
- Physically and mentally healthy
- For women, they musn’t be pregnant
- Have obtained approval from superiors for working adults
- Not an MOH officer
- Willing to work in areas of need
- No history of close contact with Covid-19 cases in the past 14 days
Interested applicants can click here to apply.
The form allows interested applicants to select their desired placement if chosen — either in the field or district health office, or hospitals.
Malaysia’s Covid-19 epidemic has surged in recent weeks, hitting a daily record high of 7,478 new cases and 63 new fatalities.