KUALA LUMPUR, May 6 — As a foundation dedicated to helping the needy and providing relief in times of disasters, Yayasan Nanyang Press has been actively involved in executing five COVID-19 relief projects to support
Malaysia’s efforts during this crucial period.
The five projects are as follows:
- Covid-19 Test Kits
- Meals for the Frontliners
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the Frontliners
- Free Face Masks for the Underprivileged
- Raise Against Hunger
Yayasan Nanyang Press provides as well as receives public donations for these projects. To date, a total of RM13 million has been raised for these projects. The main contributors are:
- An anonymous Buddhist (RM 4 mil.)
- Yayasan Nanyang Press (RM 2.1 mil.)
- Yayasan Kebajikan Komuniti Malaysia, Genting Berhad (RM 1.83 mil)
- China Press Charity Home (RM 1 mil.)
- Tan Sri Lee Loy Seng Foundation (RM 1 mil.)
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad (RM 500,000)
- COVID-19 Test Kits
Yayasan Nanyang Press launched this project with assistance from Test4Malaysia Team led by Prof Dr. Tan Maw Pin, our medical and health advisors. We have raised RM11.4 mil. as of 20 th April 2020. The following sponsorship items have been purchased and sent to MOH hospitals, public health and university laboratories:
- RT-PCR Covid-19 Diagnostic kits for a total of 156,200 tests
- 30,000 swabs, 10,000 vials of viral transport media and 235,000 sample collection packs
- 64,6000 preps RNA extraction kits
- Meals for the Healthcare Professionals and Frontliners
YNP has raised RM 37,560 for this project. We have contributed a total of 5,720 meals to 260 healthcare professionals in Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah (Klang) and Institute of Medical Research (IMR). Dry food has also been provided for the frontliners in General Hospital Kuala Lumpur and IMR.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Mr Tan Kar Hor (Founder of Life Connection Training Consultancy, President of IRDC, Chairman of CIA500) has been offering free online workshops to participants from Malaysia and Singapore during MCO, as well as encouraging participants to make donations to this project. As of today, we have raised a total of RM 870,780 for this project. 5,150 PPE full gowns, 10,000 face shields, and 32,000 disposable surgical face masks have been delivered to the frontliners in hospitals including General Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Hospital Sg Buloh, General Hospital Serdang, Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah (Alor Setar), Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Sabah) and UiTM.
- Free Face Masks For The Underprivileged
Through this project, we have managed to deliver disposable face masks to those who need to undergo regular treatments and medical check-up such as dialysis patients across the country. As of today, 54,650
face masks have been delivered across the country, and 1093 patients have benefited through this project with 50 pcs of masks per patient. 20,000 of these face masks were donated by Golden Eagle Reality Sdn
- Raise Against Hunger
YNP has just launched its new COVID-19 relief project – “Raise Against Hunger” to provide daily meals to the B40 group who are badly affected by the outbreak of COVID-19. Yayasan Nanyang Press has contributed RM600,000 to start off this project and we welcome donations from the public for this project.