Firstly, we wish to record our highest appreciation for all front-line civil servants in the health, immigration and other agencies who are protecting Malaysia from Covid-19. During periods of national crisis, your courage, skill and sacrifice will unite your country.
The highest priority of our government and society is to protect the health and safety of our citizens. We are still fighting the Covid-19 outbreak while delivering routine health care to 32 million Malaysians.
We cannot compromise on health even during periods of national uncertainty or political transitions, as our government’s legitimacy and our society’s harmony depend on the rakyat’s health.
As leaders in Malaysia’s health system, we stand firmly behind the Health Ministry’s leadership. We urge:
- All stakeholders to continue protecting the health of the rakyat during any political transitions;
- All politicians and political parties, all civil societies, the entire private sector and all citizens to unite behind our health professionals and the health service;
- A balanced emphasis on Covid-19 responses and routine health care, with adequate logistical, financial and human resources support for the Health Ministry and other agencies;
- A renewed emphasis on protecting front-line professionals with adequate equipment such as masks, gloves and protective suits, and appropriate measures to avoid fatigue, stress or burn-out;
- All citizens to use the health service responsibly and respectfully.
We stand firmly behind the Health Ministry, as their leadership is crucial for the continuity of services. We take this opportunity to thank YB Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad and YB Dr Lee Boon Chye for their exemplary commitment and service.
We are united in fulfilling our duty to Malaysia and to our fellow citizens. We urge every stakeholder to prioritise the rakyat and protect their health.
BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA.
- Dr Khor Swee Kheng
- Tan Sri Dr Abu Bakar Suleiman
- Dato’ Dr Amar Singh HSS
- Datuk Dr Christopher Lee
- Tan Sri Dr Jemilah Mahmood
- Tan Sri Dr M Jegathesan
- Prof Emeritus Dato’ Dr Khalid Abdul Kadir
- Dato’ Dr Musa Nordin
- Dr Nur Amalina Che Bakri
- Prof Dato’ Dr Adeeba Kamarulzaman (Universiti Malaya)
- Prof Dr Raja Affendi Raja Ali (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Prof Dr Shaiful Bahari Ismail (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Prof Dr Rosmawati Mohamed (Master, Academy of Medicine Malaysia)
- A/Prof Dr Mohammad Husni Jamal (President, Academy of Family Physicians)
- Dato’ Dr Ahmad Faizal Mohd Perdaus (President, MERCY Malaysia)
- Dato’ Dr Zainal Ariffin Omar (President, Public Health Physicians Association)
- Dr N Ganabaskaran (President, Malaysian Medical Association)
- Haji Mustafa Abd Majid (President, Malaysian Association of Medical Assistants)
- Pn Sharipah Asiah Syed Junid Aljunid (President, Malaysian Nurses Association)
- Mr Amrahi Buang (President, Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society)
- Dr Jeffrey Abu Hassan (President, Islamic Medical Association Malaysia (IMAM)
- Dr Abdul Halim Shibghatullah (Chairman, IKRAM Health)
- Dr Ahmad Firdaus Mohd Haris (President, Medical Mythbusters Malaysia)
- Dr Raj Kumar Maharajah (President, Medical Practitioners Coalition Association)
- Public Health Malaysia
- This is the personal opinion of the writer or publication and does not necessarily represent the views of CodeBlue.