KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 16 — Sabah Health and People’s Wellbeing Minister Frankie Poon has dismissed claims of a three-year-old child in Likas purportedly dying from Influenza A (H1N1).
A January 8 notice from Chung Hwa Kindergarten in Likas, Kota Kinabalu, announcing the purported death of the child registered last year at the kindergarten from the flu has gone viral online.
“JKNS (Sabah State Health Department) has conducted an investigation on this viral message and confirmed that the matter is not true,” Poon told the media.
RTM reported that investigations found the child had suffered from fever, fatigue, cough, and cold.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) said last Tuesday that flu vaccines and antiviral medicines have run out in private health facilities amid the H1N1 outbreak, but assured the public that another 100,000 flu shots would be brought in this month.
MOH has also approved bringing in about a million capsules or tablets of the Oseltamivir antiviral drug from alternative suppliers for the private sector.