Restaurant Closed Over Food Poisoning At Tahfiz Hostel

By CodeBlue |

Over 40 tahfiz students from Institut Al Quran Darul Aman in Alor Star, Kedah, suffered food poisoning.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

KUALA LUMPUR, May 16 — A restaurant has been ordered to close today after over 40 tahfiz students from Institut Al Quran Darul Aman in Alor Star, Kedah, suffered food poisoning.

Bernama reported State Health Department director Datuk Dr Norhizan Ismail as saying that the Kota Setar district health department has identified the premises and issued a closure notice for 14 days for cleaning work and a further probe.

“An investigation has revealed that the food sent to the students were leftover rice and chicken dish. We believe the food poisoning was caused by improperly prepared chicken dish.

“A total [of] 150 students were exposed to the food poisoning. Of that, 31 students, aged 18 to 23 years, had received outpatient treatments,” he was quoted saying in a statement.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

You may also like